THREE TWENTY FOUR

Our Wedding

Welcome to our blog! We are newlyweds, just married on 3.24.06. We live just outside of Dallas, TX and have 3 adorable chihuahuas-Darby, Zoe, and Isabella. We have a crazy life and our posts will be about everything in it. Hope you enjoy the postings here!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Great Backyard Debate...to Move or Not to Move?

As many of you know, we are working on transforming our backyard. Well, let me rephrase that. We are working on PLANS to transform our backyard. Right now, it's just a poop zone, with a grilling area and a sitting area on the patio. I have made plans for and purchased a patio set, a gazebo, a pond, tiki torches, a fire pit, a fountain, a park bench, and I am working on an outside bedroom. We are still mapping out where we want everything, and how many trees, etc we are going to add, as well as deciding where we want the cutting garden, the climbing vines, etc. There will also be ivy added to the front yard to climb up the walls (my most fav thing!)

I have threatened to go dig the pond myself this week, but I don't see it getting done. We are still debating about moving. I am craving a house with a great backyard and some serious character. (Meaning older) It's hard to make a big, new house seem cozy and rich with character and I really want a backyard oasis to escape to, especially for the future kiddos. Hammocks under big green trees and meandering paths to the pond.....Lemonade in the shade.... Basically I would like a Country Time lemonade commercial...LOL. We'll see...we're checking out the market seeing what there is out there. We're a little over Frisco too and with my biz I can move wherever. M works down Frankford and Preston, so we could easily do many areas.

Anyway, we love this house, but see the neighborhood possibly going downhill before too long. The traffic and construction is getting a little out of control but I think you'll have that everywhere. There are pros and cons to both staying and going, and we are seriously in the middle. I do think we'll wait at least a year so I plan to make things as good as possible before then. We plan on being preggo by next June and we can't figure out if we want to move before or after Baby 1. We will move before Baby 2 for sure...at least we think so....LOL. I love the front room as a nursery, with the French doors, so I think we'll at least stay here another year.

Backyard here we come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home