THREE TWENTY FOUR

Our Wedding

Welcome to our blog! We are newlyweds, just married on 3.24.06. We live just outside of Dallas, TX and have 3 adorable chihuahuas-Darby, Zoe, and Isabella. We have a crazy life and our posts will be about everything in it. Hope you enjoy the postings here!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Weekly News 6/7-6/13/06

Wed 6/7 Tough day today. Not feeling really well and having a tough time. Had a really awful night and a lot of things were on my mind. M stayed home with me which was very helpful. Got the bad news that my grandfather needs an emergency quadruple bypass, so we went to Denton to “tell him good-bye” as my mom put it. That is a hard task. On one hand it’s nice to have the opportunity to tell someone “good-bye” but on the other, it’s one of the hardest things to do. What do you tell someone when you think it will be the last time telling them anything….? Had dinner at my parents after the hospital and my other grandpa came over and we all had a very long talk. Got home around 2am.

Thursday 6/8 M went into work late because of our late night. Again, it’s very helpful to have him home. Big Jim’s surgery was this postponed this morning due to irregular EKG readings, which is not good. They did go ahead and do the surgery this afternoon because it was either do or die supposedly and he is currently on life support. He at least made it through the surgery okay and we are just waiting for him to wake up. M had a baseball game tonight, which he considered putting off, but there really isn’t a reason to since we are just in the waiting game. I am feeling a little better since the family discussion on Wed night and Tonya and I got together today for lunch, which always helps me feel better.

Friday 6/9 We are still waiting on him to wake up. Apparently they are trying to keep him under for a bit so he won’t be in as much pain. Since his emphysema is so bad though, everyone is wondering what will happen when he is taken off the ventilator…. We just stayed around the house tonight by the phone. I got some work done today but not a lot, of course.

Sat 6/10 Today I needed to get out of the house and we had a ton to do, so we started off early at a designer friend of our’s garage sale after a quick breakfast at Chick-Fil-A. We didn’t find anything we HAD to have, so then we drove around the area looking at houses. We were in Kessler Park. There were a few we stopped to look at, but most of the ones we want are upwards of $700,000. Not gonna happen tomorrow at least. So, then we came back through Dallas and checked out some more houses and then we went downtown for lunch at this new awesome place…Twisted Root Burger Co. It’s owned by some top chefs that got tired of crappy burgers. They make awesome food and it’s a very laid back atmosphere…very rustic and Texas. Its at Commerce and Good Latimer in Deep Ellum. Then we came back to town, ran by the house, then went to Ikea. Then we went to Sam’s. Then we went to Wal-Mart and then we went to Target. We were so freaking worn out. After we came out of Target, with our frozen foods, of course, the car wouldn’t start. The entire Trail Blazer was packed full of stuff from all our ventures and we had all these groceries out in the heat, at 10:30pm on a Saturday night, and our damn car wouldn’t start. Good lord. So we called our friend Matt and he came to pick us up. We unloaded everything, reloaded everything, got home and unloaded it again. It was about 11:30. We still hadn’t had dinner. So we ordered a pizza, which arrived wrong…with pork…which I am allergic to…so we called them and asked them to fix it and it did not arrive until after 1am. That sucked. A very crappy end to a very long day.

Sun 6/11 Big Jim is doing a little better. He is off the ventilator but still out of it. At least he is breathing on his own. They thought he had a little stroke because he isn’t really talking, but maybe it’s just the medicine? Some of the family is leaving today and they are going to do some more tests so we’ll find out what’s up. M put together the bookcases today and I organized the laundry sorting area. (I decorated the bags…what a dork I am) We kinda just hung out because of all the fun from yesterday. Plus, I needed to catch up on work and some chores around here. Watched the movie, “Skeleton Key”. It was really good. (for a Sunday afternoon movie at least)

Mon 6/12 Back to work today. Since I was out most of last week, I needed to do a lot of catching up. M got the TB towed to the dealership and we’re waiting to find out what is wrong with it. Big Jim is remaining the same. They are pretty sure there wasn’t a stroke. My aunt has come into town. We did find out that my uncle and his long time girlfriend are separating, which is terrible news. This hasn’t been a very good week!!

Tues 6/13 Well, the verdict is in on the car and it will be almost $500 to fix it. Could be worse I suppose. My parents are trying to make sure my grandparent’s finances are in order so that things will be easier to handle “when”. I don’t like that realization that “when” is getting closer. “When” sucks. M has baseball practice tonight and then we have our wine thing tomorrow night. Thursday is his baseball game, then Friday is a family dinner, and then Saturday is my birthday dinner celebration with everyone (They planned a big party at La Duni for me!!) since it falls on a Monday this year. Then Sunday is Father’s Day and Monday is my b-day. It will be a big week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

I am so sorry about your grandfather! If you need anything PLEASE call me
love you!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home