THREE TWENTY FOUR

Our Wedding

Welcome to our blog! We are newlyweds, just married on 3.24.06. We live just outside of Dallas, TX and have 3 adorable chihuahuas-Darby, Zoe, and Isabella. We have a crazy life and our posts will be about everything in it. Hope you enjoy the postings here!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Updates : The Week from HELL

Hey guys. First of all, I want to thank everyone for their prayers, phone calls, cards, meals and warm thoughts! I am still feeling like hell, and have to continue bedrest for a couple more weeks, but everyone's love is making it all easier. I know some of ya'll aren't sure exactly what happened this past week, so I will give you the Cliff Notes version.

Last Saturday, we were cleaning the house and Zoe (our little chihuahua) got apparently bit by a spider or something because she had a terrible allergic reaction and her face swelled up and she looked like she had swallowed a tennis ball. She couldn't breathe and was foaming at the mouth. I freaked out of course, and we rushed to the emergency animal hospital at Custer and 121. We thought she was going to die on the way. It was awful. So we got home, took care of her and went on the look for the culprit (spider, scorpion, or something equally icky) What we found changed the course of our weekend. Apparently, there was a spider sac somewhere that hatched because within 3 days we saw about 150 spiders!! All over our bathroom, closet, and master bedroom, kitchen, etc. They didn't make it upstairs, so we lived up there until the pest people came out first thing in the week.

The same day they sprayed the pesticides, they told us to be careful with the dogs. We were SO careful! We had a rough day on Tuesday, taking M to the doctor for his leg injury, which is now very infected and he had to have shots and all kinds of antibiotics, etc. They said we did all that we could to take care of it, he should have been on meds from the beginning bc it was SO DEEP. So, anyway, Tues night, dinner was a disaster, I had a cyst rupture (ovarian cyst, very painful) and so M went to get to-go food for our dinner while I attended to all the cyst stuff (bleeding, etc) So, while I was in the bathroom, our other chihuahua Darby came in and since I wasn't paying attention, he started licking the floor, and baseboards WHERE THE POISON WAS!!! I thought ok, well he will be alright, WRONG. Another trip to animal emergency for a stomach pumping, charcoal, and shots. That was traumatic.

So, at this point (Wednesday) everyone had been to the emergency room in our little family, except of course me. I had no idea that I would be next. This is where you will want to quit reading if you have a weak stomach:

So because we are working on having a baby, I was put on Provera, a progesterone to help me have regular periods, cause I am not regular. They thought that if I could do that, then maybe I would start ovulating on my own (I have PCOS; PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome) So, I'd taken the Provera Aug 1-Aug 5 and started a normal period. But then it got really heavy. I've had heavy periods before so I thought, "well this sucks, but I know what to do"

To spare you all the gory details, I eventually started hemorraghing about 12am (really heavy from 8p-10p, then losing pints of blood after that) We were on the phone constantly with my OBGYN's office and finally we all decided to get me to the ER. They had no idea how bad it was. I was losing so much blood, they almost did an immediate transfusion. Our whole house was covered in blood, it looked like a murder scene. I was going though about 6 changes of tampons and pads per hour, but then I couldnt even use them. So, I get to the hospital, gushing blood, and they do all this blood work, get me on IVs and start prepping me for surgery. I had to have an emergency D & C (dilation and curretage, very icky) and then we had to wait for my blood levels to go up to at least 33% of its original volume. Anyway, I finally got home from the hospital very late on Thursday night. I almost had to go back Friday because I was continuing to bleed. I am on bed rest for 2 weeks, no sex for 4 weeks, (makes it hard to have a baby) and can't lift heavy things for 6 weeks. I feel like absolute hell, and I have no energy because I lost so much blood and am now so anemic. I will keep you all updated as to the progress, but i am taking birth control pills every 8 hours to control the bleeding so our baby plans are definitely on hold :(

Again, thank you for all your support. You guys all mean the world to me!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

OH BABE...
I knew about you and M but I had no idea about your furry babies also! I am so sorry! PLEASE let me know if there is ANYTHING i can do!
I am so close iot would be ashame if I couldnt help you in anyway!
hugs and kisses!
ps. The spiders YUKKKKKY!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks so much guys! I seem to be getting better every day. I actually get to get out of the house today for a doctor appt. WHOO HOO! Love you guys :)

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home